Sat, Oct 07|
Cochran Mill Park
The Ch8se Embr8ce
*Change Of Plans - We're Staying In GA*
Time & Location
Oct 07, 8:30 AM EDT
Cochran Mill Park, 6875 Cochran Mill Rd, Chattahoochee Hills, GA 30268, USA
About the Event
There is NO meetup for this Ch8se Embr8ce. Meet in the parking lot at 8:30: 6875 Cochran Mill Road, Palmetto, GA 30268 GPS Coords: 33.571276, -84.712864
After walking down a road to cross the street to enter the trail head, we will hike the orange trail which is can take 1hr - 1:30 hours: The orange trail passes several waterfalls and several cascades. This is a moderate trail.
What does moderate mean?
*Moderate/Intermediate: Suitable for those in good physical condition; active/endurance walker; 3+hr duration; 1000-1500ft elevation gain
There is ample parking at this location, and there is a $5 parking fee. The location only accepts credit cards.
There is a toilet.
There is no visitors center.
Here are the address and coordinates to the trailhead: 6875 Cochran Mill Rd, Palmetto, GA 30268
GPS Coords: 33.571276, -84.712864
What to Bring/Wear
- Hiking boots recommended or sturdy bottom shoes
- Trekking pole/stick optional
- Moisture-Wicking clothing appropriate for forecasted weather
- 2L Water + snacks
- Mini first-aid kit (pain reliever, antiseptic ointment, alcohol wipes, bandages and gauze, hydrocortisone cream, antihistamine, tweezers)
- RX prescriptions/devices (EpiPen, glucose monitor, insulin, inhaler, etc)
- Emergency contacts on index card, in a ziploc bag
- Lunch. It will remain in your vehicle, and the end of the ch8se we will return to our vehicles and set up for lunch.
- Something to sit on for lunch.
There is no fee to join this ch8se. We look forward to you joining us for one of the last Ch8ses of 2023.