Sat, Feb 04|
Ch8se Ch.65 - Hemlock Falls - 2.4.23
Join us for the 2nd Ch8se Embr8ce of 2023 led by our amazing Vibe Tribe.
Time & Location
Feb 04, 9:00 AM EST
Hemlock Falls, 3655 GA-197, Clarkesville, GA 30523, USA
About the Event
There is a 7:00 a.m. caravan meetup at Publix - 1625 Pleasant Hill Rd Ste 200, Duluth, GA 30096 with a departure time of 7:15 sharp!
We "plan" a 9:15 a.m. arrival at the Hemlock Falls trailhead: 3655 Highway 197 Clarkesville, GA 30523, with the idea of beginning the hike at 9:30a.m. EST.
Join us at Hemlock Falls to embr8ce this 3.3-mile out-and-back trail, with 321ft elevation, near Clarkesville, Georgia. The Hemlock trail is generally considered an easy route, which takes an average of 1 h 17 min to complete. This is a popular trail for fishing, hiking, and running.
Easy: Suitable for those in fair physical condition; active walker; 1-3hr duration; slightly uneven terrain; <1000ft elevation gain & Suitable for those in good physical condition; active/endurance walker.
Please dress for the weather, always pack rain gear and wear hiking boots.
Fee - Moccasin Creek State Park charges a $5 parking fee.
Amenities: Visitors Center & Restrooms
What to Bring * Check out our partners REI's Day Hike Packing List to help you prepare.
- Water, water, water
- Please start to hydrate on Friday by drinking extra fluids. Your body will appreciate this during the hike.
- Please wear hiking boots.
- Bring hiking poles.
- Bring water and or Gatorade to drink during the hike. We cannot express how important it is to stay hydrated
- If you do not wear a RoadiD please have your emergency contact information sealed in a zip lock bag and placed where it can easily be located if an emergency should occur.
- Pack your lunch and something to sit on.
Bring your lunch. We will have lunch at the park after the hike.
Important/Emergency Information (Ranger District/Phone Number, Nearest Hospital, Animal Activity)