Time & Location
May 07, 2022, 8:30 AM EDT
Cochran Mill Park, Cochran Mill Rd, Palmetto, GA, USA
About the Event
She who is flexible, shall not break.
Due to an unexpected illness, we are pivoting and changing the ch8se location.
There is an optional meetup for those traveling from Gwinnett at 7:00 am at 1625 Pleasant Hill Rd Ste 200, Duluth, GA 30096. We will leave Publix at 7:15 with an 8:30 arrival at the trailhead, 6875 Cochran Mill Road, Palmetto, GA 30268 GPS Coords: 33.571276, -84.712864
After walking down a road to cross the street to enter the trail head, we will hike the orange trail which is can take 1hr - 1:30 hours: The orange trail passes several waterfalls and several cascades. This is a moderate trail.
What does moderate mean?
*Moderate/Intermediate: Suitable for those in good physical condition; active/endurance walker; 3+hr duration; 1000-1500ft elevation gain
There is ample parking at this location, and there is a $5 parking fee. The location only accepts credit cards.
There is a toilet.
There is no visitors center.
Here are the address and coordinates to the trailhead: 6875 Cochran Mill Rd, Palmetto, GA 30268
GPS Coords: 33.571276, -84.712864
What to Bring/Wear
- Hiking boots recommended or sturdy bottom shoes
- Trekking pole/stick optional
- Moisture-Wicking clothing appropriate for forecasted weather
- 2L Water + snacks
- Mini first-aid kit (pain reliever, antiseptic ointment, alcohol wipes, bandages and gauze, hydrocortisone cream, antihistamine, tweezers)
- RX prescriptions/devices (EpiPen, glucose monitor, insulin, inhaler, etc)
- Emergency contacts on index card, in a ziploc bag
- Lunch. It will remain in your vehicle, and the end of the ch8se we will return to our vehicles and set up for lunch.
- Something to sit on for lunch.
There is no fee to join this ch8se. We look forward to you celebrating Mother's with us on this special ch8se.