Ch.52 - Chau Ram County Park
Time & Location
About the Event
7 a.m. meet up at Publix Super Market at Promenade at Pleasant Hill, 1625 Pleasant Hill Rd Ste 200, Duluth, GA 30096 with a prompt 7:15 departure time.
We will meet our ch8se champion Marionette at 9:30 at Chau Ram County Park, 1220 Chau Ram Park Rd, Westminster, SC 29693
Features: 40-foot waterfall cascading over large boulders as the Ramsey Creek flows into the Chauga River.
Waterfall is located at the parking area.
The hike: After viewing waterfall, we'll cross a suspension bridge to hike the Orange and Blue loop trails for a total of 2mi. The trails are easy to moderate with a 1/10mi incline on Orange Trail. The well-marked trails meander through lush vegetation and parallel the Chauga River at various points.
Amenities: Visitor's Shop, restroom, good parking.
Please wear hiking boots and bring:
- $3 cash for parking
- Backpack with essential medications
- If you do not wear a RoadiD please have your emergency contact information sealed in a ziplock bag.
- Pack your lunch and something to sit on
- A back up charger for your cell phone
- A snack for the ride to SC & home
- Check out this hiking checklist from our friends at REI.
There are up-close views of the Chauga River rapids with rock outcrops and viewing areas. Park info: https://experienceoconee.com/parks/chau-ram-park